- This event has passed.
Vintage Computing Festival Berlin (VCFB)
October 7 — October 8
The Vintage Computing Festival Berlin (VCFB) is an event about historical computers and computing technology. The vintage computing hobby is being presented with exhibitions, lectures, and workshops. Our goal is to contribute to the preservation of historical computers and other data processing devices, and to foster interest in “superfluous” hard- and software. Our focus does not only include historical computers, but also historical operating systems, software, programming languages, network technology and other devices that compute, like calculators and calculating machines.
The VCFB is located in the historic Ladestraße area of the German Museum of Technology Berlin (accessible from Möckernstr. 26). Buildup begins on Friday, October 6th, and the event is open for visitors on Saturday and Sunday, 7th and 8th of October. Entry is free. Visitors of the VCFB will most likely also get free entry to the Network exhibition of the Museum of Technology located in the same building. This year we welcome the association for the preservation of classic computers (de) to host their annual Classic Computing (de) meeting at the VCFB.
This page is slightly outdated, please contact us in case you have any questions. To be updated soon!
In addition to dozens of exhibitions, lectures and workshops, our program also includes:
- Special Exhibition: Computer clubs: This year we invite associations devoted to the history of computing technology and computers to present themselves and their work in a special exhibition. In particular, the association for the preservation of classic computers will hold their annual Classic Computing meeting at the VCFB.
- Game Room: The Signallabor of the Media Science Department at Humboldt University presents the history of computer games to play through. More than twenty historical gaming consoles and home computers allow you to relive the history of the computer game. You’ll find classics and exotics, joysticks and light guns alike in our dedicated Game Room. Your kids will love it, and you will too!
- Chiptune party: TBA
- Soldering workshops: Kids and teens aged 7 or older can learn to solder at VCFB. We will build small bug robots, called Pentabugs, that can blink, beep and move.
- Repair Corner: Visitors can bring their defective historical computers and get help with repairs. We will provide you with soldering irons, tools, instruments and components. If you’d like to use the Repair Corner, please register before the event by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us which device you’d like to repair.
- Visitor Award: Visitors can vote for their favorite exhibition. The best exhibition will win the Visitor Award. Voters who leave their contact details enter the drawing for another great prize.