Thoughtfish develops gamified apps and games for mobile devices. We strive for innovative products and technologies, which are used beyond the scope of gaming.
Thoughtfish is looking for an enthusiastic VFX Artist (General) to help create the next generation of games for mobile platforms. This person should be both technical and artistic, possessing a strong and diverse 2d artistic skill set as well as the ability to act as a technical art expert – creating in game content, helping produce prototypes, defining processes, and sharing knowledge.
The core Team of Thoughtfish is quite small, so the VFX Artist can influence our projects in substantial ways.
- Create and implement 2d and 3d visual effects and animations
- Design and create animations that will underline the visual style of the games and apps
- Collaborate with the Programming Team to develop Unity tools, scripts and/or plug-ins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines
- Help bridge communication between art, design and engineering teams to get the best possible visual effects with great performance
- Industry experience as a technical artist / Visual Effects Artist
- Unity experience preferred
- Strong understanding of movement and timing
- Capable of quickly getting up to speed on new tools
- Strong and diverse artistic skill set including 2d art, lighting, effects, shaders, particles, etc.
- Effective collaboration skills: you’ll be working with art, design and engineering on a daily basis
- Technical understanding of visual effect limitations on mobile devices
- Ability to script/code in common languages like Unity C#
- Experience working with external art resources, including teams in other parts of the world.
What we offer:
- Transparent salary with regular, fixed increases
- A positive feedback-culture featuring “Thank yous”, motivation, and room for mistakes
- Cool and unique projects
- We appreciate working parents and the need for a proper work-life balance
What we do not offer:
- Typical startup crunch times!
- The salary of your wildest dreams
- The salary of your worst nightmares
We do not care if you are male or female (or something else). We do care for job dedication.
Job ad published on October 5th, 2016