Torpor Games UG is a new indie video game company based in Berlin that focuses on creating thought-provoking entertainment. Combining a wide variety of disciplines and experience, the team of five are working on their first project, Suzerain. A political drama set in the 1950s, the game allows players to explore what they would do if they had to lead a country in political turmoil? Suzerain demonstrates Torpor’s goal of questioning our reality through the medium of video games.
About the opportunity:
This is an opportunity to join a project early on and shaping its entire visual direction. We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of style and can help our game stand out visually.
As a member of the Torpor team you will be working mainly as a 3D Artist/Art Director to create a visually pleasing prototype of a narrative RPG/Adventure game.
As the main artist you will be working with the designer and the project manager to direct the art pipeline.
The full-time position will start with a probation period of 6 months. Extension to a longer-term contract will follow after passing the period successfully. The language of the job is English.
The position might require relocation to Berlin.
- Defining the game’s overall art direction by working closely with the team
- Producing stylized high quality 3D Art, environment assets and scene composition from concepting to game-ready assets
- Assessing the scope of the project, leading the art production pipeline and solving technical art challenges that may arise during prototyping
- Creating artworks and 3d assets which adheres to the agreed style of the project
- Demonstrable professional 2D & 3D game art experience
- Great artistic ability including a strong eye for composition, lighting, colour and shapes
- Experience in developing a game’s visual style from scratch
- Taking designs all the way from concept to in-game asset
- Excellent low poly 3D skills
- Experience with creating highly stylized artwork
- Experience with texturing and lighting
- In depth knowledge of a modelling software such as Maya or Blender
- Working knowledge of Unity
Great to have:
- 4+ years of professional 2D/3D game art experience
- Experience in designing and building large scale 3d environments
- Great character design skills
- Experience in rigging and animation
- Excellent drawing skills
- Released several commercial games or equivalent experience
- Passion for narrative, story-rich and roleplaying games
- Interest in politics and history or other societal topics
- Knowledge and previous research about the 30s, 40s, 50s
- Strong working knowledge of Unity
- Level Design experience
Some references for the feel (not necessarily the style): https://imgur.com/a/b39HcCb
Job ad published on June 9th, 2021