Hello! We’re Maschinen-Mensch, an independent game studio founded in 2014 in Berlin, Germany. We made Curious Expedition 1 & 2 and Codecks.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our team and work on our next, unannounced project.
- At least one year of Unreal Engine VFX experience (preferred focus on Niagara Particles, Materials & Shaders)
- Unreal Blueprint scripting experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience with modeling and creating vegetation foliage
- Experience with Substance Materials
- Experience with Side FX Houdini & Houdini Engine in Unreal
- Experience with Blender
- Shipped at least one comercial game project
- Create imaginative and high quality runtime VFX
- Use Unreal Blueprint scripting to hook up your effects
- Support artists and engineers in the 3D art pipeline
- Work within the limits of the game engine, curate file sizes, polygon counts and loading speeds
- Solve complex technical challenges during development
- Develop and maintain resources and pipelines along with programmers
- Prepare and design character systems such as skeletons, cloths, effect emitters and ragdoll collision
- Research and oversee the implementation of rendering techniques
- Resolve material errors and collision issues
- Monitor the performance, frame rate and memory consumption of the game
What we offer:
- A relaxed, family-friendly working environment
- Being part of a small, diverse, international team
- Competitive salary
- 25 days paid yearly vacation
- The opportunity to work on a brand new game from an early stage
Working remotely is possible, but we’re looking for someone who’s able to work and be available online during our core hours of operation 10am to 5pm CEST. If you’re based in Berlin (or willing to relocate) that’s definitely a plus, so that we can eventually work together in person once it’s safer to do so again. Our studio is located at Saftladen, an indie game collective and co-working space for game developers that we co-founded in 2015.
We particularly encourage applications from women, people with disabilities, people of colour, and other groups that are underrepresented throughout the game industry.
Earliest start date: May 2022
If you are interested in working with us, send your CV and links to examples of your work to email@example.com
Job ad published on April 28, 2022.