- This event has passed.
Talk & Play #11
25 February 2015 @ 19:00 — 23:00Free
Talk & Play is a free event organised by BerlinGameScene.com, taking place every two months, that provides the opportunity to local game enthusiasts, players and makers to meet and exchange knowledge in a friendly, relaxed and safe environment. Everybody’s welcome, regardless of their background and knowledge level: if you like games, we’ll make sure you have a good time! Important: this is NOT an event only aimed at developers!
HOW IT WORKS
The event is structured in two parts:
– TALK: A couple of short game-related presentations, followed by a Q&A session, with a special live music break courtesy of Alfred Ladylike & her ukulele
– PLAY: All participants are welcome to bring games they’ve made or are still working on – a perfect opportunity to discover and play new games, collect feedback and, who knows?, maybe find collaborators for future projects
– 19:00 Doors: come early to get one of the best seats, have a drink or something to eat if you like
– 19:30 Talks: with short music break in the middle
– 21:00 Game showcase & networking: play games and chat with their creators, or just hang around and meet new people
– 23:00 The end aka “Gone Home”
– Markus Kaikkonen is an indie developer and entrepreneur. He’s going to share some learnings that might help and surprise indie developers that want to publish mobile games (and make living out of it), based on his experience creating RGB Express, which has been downloaded more than 3.5 million times.
– Ruth Bosch is a 2D game artist and illustrator who just recently joined the Berlin game scene. She is going to talk about how to effectively create 2D art for jam games with limited resources, little time and almost no sleep at all.
– Allan Cudicio worked in business development for a very large and a very small firm, then decided to turn his passion into a job and is currently training to become a game designer at Berlin’s Games Academy. His talk will be about understanding how we limit ourselves when choosing settings for our games, and how to overcome this by exploring more cultural diversity.
These are some of the games that will be playable during the second part of the evening:
– CardCrawl by TinyTouchTales
– Curious Expedition by Maschinen-Mensch
– DYO by Team DYO
– Flirtevator by Flirtevator Team
– Freya by Children of Freya
– Hatchlings by Snorkel Squad
– Hylaria by Fablesmith
– Legends of Pixelia by Florian Siemer
– KinectMagic by Tobias Wehrum
– pixelBOT Extreme by frixels
– Redshift Blueshift by Will Blanton and Jacob Alan McCosh
– SwapQuest by Rebusmind
– Teslapunk by klutzGames
– What the Shell by Ludisto
Would you like to show your game as well? Just bring it! We can provide tables, chairs, power strips and plenty of space – that means that the devices (laptop, controllers, tablets…) are up to you.
Our Safe Space Policy encourages the behaviour at Talk & Play. We request that everyone who is affiliated with and participates to the event honours it.
The nearest U-Bahn station to Supermarkt is Voltastrasse U8, which is wheelchair accessible. The venue is also wheelchair accessible, with accessible toilet, and has a bar offering a variety of drinks (coffee & tea, soft drinks, beer, wine) and sandwiches.
Check out the recaps of previous events if you want to get a better idea of what Talk & Play is like.
The event is free to attend.
Do you have any questions? Would you like to give a talk in the future? Then get in touch!