Here at Awesome Prototype we create successful games with a real emotional impact that millions of people will play for years or even decades to come. As well our internationally renowned football management game SEASON 18 we are building games across multiple genres that we can’t wait ship in the near future. As a fast-growing company, we are already challenging the global market-leaders but to take this next step we need to create the strongest possible team. A team made up of highly skilled veterans and high-potential talents with something to prove – that’s where you come in. We will arm you with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. At Awesome Prototype we want you to dream big and succeed!
As an experienced Backend-Developer who is a self-motivated, goal-oriented team player, you take pride in your work. You are able to take responsibility and deliver quality-focused products. You enjoy working in a dynamic and agile environment. You have the knowledge and ability to visualize how things should work, and how to translate this into a functioning solution.
- Take ownership of entire components of our products
- Maintain high code quality throughout the entire production cycle for our products
- Regularly innovate our development process
- Conduct code reviews
- Define and execute strategy for technical/software design and frameworks
At Awesome Prototype we believe that an awesome company culture is the key for long-term success. That is why we are looking for people who have the same DNA as us.
- POSITIVE – You are a positive and optimistic person
- RESPONSIBLE – You take full ownership of your ideas
- WINNER – Taking part is not enough, you play to win
- HUNGRY – You are hungry to learn and hungry to develop yourself
YOUR SKILL SET
- 3 years of experience working in a larger game studio
- At least 5 years of work experience in the software industry
- Expert knowledge in Sql and NoSql database management systems
- Super hero skills in identifying and solving software problems / bottlenecks
- Advanced knowledge of software deployment and livecycle
- Expert skills in automated testing and unit testing
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
We’re serious about creating high quality products, processes, tools and everything in between. That is why we take very good care of our people by providing them with the compensation, work environment and resources they need to succeed.
- Opportunity to delight players worldwide, every day, with AAA mobile games that YOU have built
- Chance to work with a team of highly-skilled game-makers that inspire each other to do better and have fun in the process
- Have impact from day one. We have a flat hierarchy and value people who take on responsibility, ownership and can contribute to our games
- A company truly dedicated to staying fast and iterative. Fewer meetings and bureaucracy. We get things done
- We get excited about new technologies and methods in every department. Experimenting and prototyping is part of our daily work
- We are helping you get even better. Take part in individual training and industry conventions and events
- Be part of one of the fastest growing game companies in Europe with a real chance for a long, exciting career
- Work-life balance is very important to us. Enjoy our company trips, hosted events, gaming sessions and gamejams
- We are a extremely transparent company. You will get a deep insight in the company progress and the gaming industry
- Enjoy a really exotic office space (created from 1000 pallets by ourselves … no joke!) in the middle of Berlin one of the most creative, culturally diverse, beautiful and affordable cities in the world
Job ad published on March 12th, 2019