Thoughtfish develops gamified apps and games for mobile devices. We strive for innovative products and technologies, which are used beyond the scope of gaming.
Thoughtfish is looking for an enthusiastic Tech Artist – Generalist to help create the next generation of games for mobile platforms. This person should be both technical and artistic, possessing a strong and diverse 2d artistic skill set as well as the ability to act as a technical art expert – handling all aspects of creating in game content, producing prototypes, defining processes, writing tools and sharing knowledge.
The core Team of Thoughtfish is quite small, so the Tech Artist must be willing to shoulder a lot of responsibility.
• Collaborate with the Art team to develop Unity tools, scripts and/or plug-ins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines.
• Create and implement 2d (mainly) and 3d art content (characters, environments, lighting, effects etc) for prototypes and in game use in multiple styles.
• Help bridge communication between art, design and engineering teams, providing insight and solutions to make game development better for artists
• Incubate and develop innovative solutions to visual problems and workflows. Use your passion for learning, implementing and sharing the latest innovations in graphics and content authoring. Identify and author software and tools to achieve this goal.
• Industry experience as a technical artist
• Unity experience preferred
• Shader authoring expertise
• Ability to script/code in common languages like Unity C#
• Capable of quickly getting up to speed on new tools, and new scripting languages
• Strong and diverse artistic skill set including 2d art, characters, environments, texturing, lighting, effects, shaders, particles etc.
• Effective collaboration skills, you’ll be working with art, design and engineering on a daily basis
• Both technical and artistic
• Visual effects or animation experience
• Experience working with external art resources, including teams in other parts of the world.
What we offer
• Transparent salary with regular, fixed increases
• A positive feedback-culture featuring “Thank yous”, motivation, and room for mistakes
• Cool and unique projects
• We appreciate working parents and the need for a proper work-life balance
What we do not offer
• Typical Start-up crunching times!
• The salary of your wildest dreams
• The salary of your most horrifying nightmares
• We do not care if you are male or female (or something else). We do care for job dedication.
If you are interested, please contact: email@example.com
Job ad published on February 18th, 2016